Wednesday 4 March 2009

Planning: Exploring Colour Schemes

Now I have chosen a font type and masterhead title I can continue my research by exploring colour schemes for my masterhead. Below are the sumarised colour schemes I have chosen to be surveyed by my fellow peers:



Below are the colour schemes from above used in the chosen font type and title followed by my target audiences feedback on their favourite colour schemes:
1) [4]
2) [3]
3) [5]

4) [6]

5) [2]

6) [3]

7) [8]
8) [9]

As you can see the results were pretty close between colour scheme 7 and colour scheme 8, just 1 vote away from a draw. Colour scheme 8 is very sophisticated and appears to be quite neutral and is not targeted specifically at one gender. I think this is a good choice chosen by those who I surveyed because colour scheme 7 uses a lot of colours which could overwhelm the pages and look more like a poster than a magazine.

No comments: